Riviera top models – divas in diappers
They make €54/hour, over six times the typical wage, get paid holiday and pension contributions. Yet the 300 salaried models with IPS Models on the French Riviera have a difference: the youngest is only 3 months old and they do not accept models over the age of 16.
The local paper claims the agency in Cannes has over 3,500 child models on their books and 300 are on a regular salary. The parents get to cream off 20% as the child’s agent, ostensibly for ‘travel expenses’, and the other 80% is held for them in a savings account for when they reach legal age to claim it.
From emails sent over the Internet, they claim to pick around 10% to follow up. The agency does casting sessions, and says it then selects around one in five to photograph and put on their books. If undaunted by this tough test for talented tots, you can put forward your mini-Britney directly via their web site, safe in the knowledge that the only white powder they will be coming into contact with will be for their bottoms.